For the most part, I have taken the past year or two off from serious poker writing. This is not completely true, I did get make a fair amount of headway in my 2nd book, which I hope to get done soon. But as for blog posting, it is shameful how I let it go by the wayside. Sometimes, we make a habit out of bad habits I guess. I apologize to anyone who followed my posts and vow to not disappear again without good reason!
I have been really busy revamping the website over the past week. I had some ideas floating around in my head for the past year or two, and want to make them a reality. Here is a list of things I want to accomplish for the site.
- An improved and more functional website that allows for a more personalized experience in short stack learning. In other words, I realize that different people come to the site for different reasons, and not just to learn short stacking. I want to make sure the site provides for all their needs.
- More content. I want to blog regularly and create poker articles and guides to enrich everyone's experience here.
- I want to build an instructional short stacking video series for the site. This includes a lot of the basics from my book and even beginner poker charts. I want to pass along what I know about poker in multiple forms of media, not just writing.
- I plan to review poker books, tools, and products. I want this site to become a one stop shop for anything and everything regarding poker. This includes reviews of products such as Hold'em manager, Pokertracker, Hold'em Indicator, and numerous poker sites. I want to cover each in depth and provide the most comprehensive info possible on them. This includes training and/or informational videos for each!
- I want to revitalize the forums. We used to have awesomely informative conversations there and we can do it again.
- I want to work toward building a 2 or even 3-tiered learning system on my site. I want to separate content by experience, to make the site much easier to navigate. No matter your skill level, I want all pertinent content to be at your fingertips, without having to sift through any non-relevant material. I also have some ideas on building my community here via free coaching and study groups for everyone to participate in. This idea is in it's infancy, but stay tuned for more.
Overall, there is a definite lack of short stacking content out there and I want to fill that void! Buying in for the minimum is a wonderful way to improve in all facets of poker. In fact, all players can profit from learning to play a short stack. Tournament players, Hyper Turbo SNG players, and even (and perhaps especially) full stacked cash game players can benefit from the information I provide here.
There is way too much misinformation out there about buying in short. The biggest one being that it is an all or nothing pre-flop strategy. Very few people actually understand how much creativity there is, both pre-flop and post-flop, when playing a short stack. It's kind of funny, but I think everyone has it backwards.
100 big blind play is extremely boring for me and seems to revolve around everyone sitting around waiting to either get coolered or cooler someone else. Beyond that, pretty much every aspect of full stacked poker play is similar to short stacking. Except short stackers have a few more tools at there disposal and more ways to exploit their opponents. In the end, isn't giving yourself the most ways to make profit what poker is all about?
In the end, that's what my book and this site is all about. Giving people an easier (and better) route to getting better at poker. I want to show people that winning isn't really all that complicated. Just give my methods a try and see for yourself, if it's not for you.. no harm done. Even if you only improve in your ability to beat short stackers, isn't that worth something to you? (maybe I should delete the last sentence? lol)
Here is a list of a few things I've done to the site in the past week.
I gave the site a face lift and changed to a responsive theme, which has good functionality on all devices.
The creation of a page with links to all my past strategy articles/blog posts.
I added up to date information about poker sites that I recommend playing on. (reviews still to come)
A newsletter function was added, the first letter will come out sometime in August. Be sure to sign up!
Information about useful poker tools was created.
Now I want to hear from you! If you have any ideas on ways I can improve the site, I want to know about it. You can reach me here.
Thanks for reading, it's good to be back!